Chocolate Day is a time for joy! After all, who doesn't love the delicious taste and texture of chocolate? But have you ever thought about using this delicious kitchen ingredient for beauty-related purposes? No? If that is the case, you must immediately read this article!
We are all aware that cakes, brownies, cookies, and our favorite hot chocolate all make use of cocoa powder, making it one of the most common kitchen ingredients. However, this miraculous powder is also beneficial for your skin because it contains numerous antioxidants. But, can we use it for makeup? Yes, Why not! Curious to know how? Here are some simple cocoa powder DIY beauty hacks, you are definitely going to adore them:
Dry Shampoo with cocoa powder
If you prefer to wash your hair less frequently, you can save time, and effort, and even prevent unnecessary damage to your hair by extending the time between shampoos. With dry shampoo, oil can be easily absorbed and hair can be refreshed without washing. Dry shampoo can help in this situation. You can use cocoa powder to volumize and remove grease from your hair.
Here's how to do it:
● Take two tablespoons of powdered arrowroot and one teaspoon of baking soda.
● Mix them thoroughly in a small bowl, until all clumps are broken down.
● Add two tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder at this point. (You can use more or less, depending on how your hair looks)
● Make sure to thoroughly combine all of the ingredients so that you can achieve the desired color.
● You can also add Activated charcoal if you have darker hair. If your hair is brown or dark brown, you can skip this step.
● Dip your kabuki brush into the powder once the dry shampoo is thoroughly mixed and has a smooth, powdery texture.
● The mixture should then be applied to your roots and part, concentrating on the greasy areas of your hair.
● Apply it by gently rubbing it in with your fingers or comb, and voila!
Cocoa Powder Eyeshadow
Love to wear brown eyeshadow? Then you should definitely try this. Yes, we are serious; cocoa powder can be used to make makeup for the face. Although it may sound odd, it is definitely something you should try. After all, it is inexpensive and natural. Additionally, if stored appropriately, this homemade eyeshadow has a shelf life of 8 to 9 months.
How to do it? Follow the instructions below:
● First, use a makeup brush to apply a small amount of cocoa powder.
● Second, you can combine one teaspoon of arrowroot powder with one teaspoon of cocoa powder to achieve a light brown color.
● Thirdly, by combining one teaspoon of cocoa powder with one teaspoon of activated charcoal, you can even achieve a darker shade.
● Now, you can add half a teaspoon of mica powder in any of the three eyeshadow shades if you like shimmery eyeshadows.
● Make sure everything is well combined before storing the eyeshadow shades in small jars.